Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS) is a holistic approach to patient care that promotes early recovery from surgery. The key points of an EARS programme are: information, anticipation, stress reduction, pain control and patient empowerment.
For the institution
- Informing the patient about their care,
- Anticipate the organisation of the service and care,
- Reduce the consequences of stress,
- Controlling pain,
- Empowering the patient.
For the patient
- To be an actor in one's own care,
- Optimise its management,
- Receive the right information at the right time (documents, instructions),
- Anticipate his intervention but also the return home,
- Communicating in real time on the state of health (questionnaires, vitals).